EKANBAN® integrated logisitics model at Setúbal's Hospital Complex
The implementation of the Ekanban® Logistics Model at the Setúbal Hospital Complex (CHS) had one main challenge: to provide referential means for the hospital's entire logistics process, in order to reduce operational costs.
CHS had the following main goals in mind:
- Improving processes related to logistics;
- Efficient control of all materials used by the service users;
- Consumption rationalisation;
- Improving the physical storage conditions;
- Improving communication between warehouse and services.
The Setúbal Hospital Complex (comprised by São Bernardo Hospital (HSB) and the Santiago do Outão Orthopaedic Centre) has hired BIQ Health Solutions to implement a Project of Rationalisation of Logistic Processes in regards to clinical, accommodation and administrative consumption. The project had 3 main phases:
Phase I - Main Warehouse;
Phase II - Service Users;
Phase III - Auditing and Monitoring Indexes.